MPN Advocates Network (MPNAN), a global collective of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (MPN) Patient Advocacy Groups, is seeking an Administrative & Program Manager
About the MPN Advocates Network (MPNAN)
MPNAN was originally founded in 2013 by representatives of MPN patient groups from around the globe. The vision was a world in which the patient advocacy groups helping those with Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (MPN) would be connected to one another and the most up to date information about how to manage a PAG successfully. MPNAN’s mission is to enhance the ability of patient advocacy organizations to improve patient care and quality of life globally for those who have been diagnosed with an MPN. MPNAN is constituted as an independent steering committee within a parent organisation, the Leukaemia Patient Advocates Foundation (LePaf), registered as a non-profit organisation in Switzerland. MPNAN operates for the benefit of Myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN) patients and acts independently of any other organization or company.
MPNs are a group of chronic, progressive blood cancers. MPNAN is hiring its first executive director who will lead the organization through its next stage of evolution. With a proven track record of 5 years of successfully bringing the global MPN patient advocacy world together, the MPNAN wants to enhance and grow its offerings to members and increase its impact on the global patient advocate community. The ED will inherit a passionate and active steering committee who has begun the drafting of a strategic plan, and who is eager to work with the ED on refinement and, most importantly, execution. The position is currently envisioned and funded for part-time but has the potential to grow.
About the role
The MPN Advocates Network is seeking a part-time / approximately 2 days/week or 60 hours a month Administrative & Program Manager to help this all-volunteer initiative of global Myeloproliferative Neoplasms patient advocacy groups. This is a remote position with the anticipation of some international travel required.
The person we are seeking will be directed by the Steering Committee of MPNAN and expected to execute in a timely and professional manner. The Administrative & Program Manager will be involved in growing the capacity of the Network. They will report directly to the Chairperson of the Steering Committee as well as work with Steering Committee members on specific programs. The scope of work includes:
- Writing, publishing articles, and content for the MPNAN website with guidance from the Steering Committee and others as needed.
- Update website with events in the MPN community
- Management of Social Media channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc) including the page and groups.
- Creating and distributing the MPNAN online ne
- Assist with the creation and updating of all external materials including brochures, website, PowerPower presentations, etc.
- Liaising with member organisations and improve member interaction and member support of the MPN AN
- Maintain an accurate list of current and prospective MPNAN members
- Work with MPNAN SC to identify and cultivate new members, using multiple channels of information and research.
- Monitor the member discussion groups
Administrative / Operational
- Financial management of projects, e.g. writing grant requests, tracking invoices and payments, and providing input into accounting and annual audit
- Writing reports and progress reports on MPN AN project’s
- Planning, implementation, and monitoring of various international projects in which MPN AN is currently engaged or will engage, with operational responsibility e.g. in
- MPN Horizons: logistics and all administrative tasks, liaise with External 3rd
- Educational programs (e.g. patient-friendly summary of MPN guidelines, educational videos, patient information)
- Awareness program (e.g. annual World MPN Awareness Day)
- Representing MPN AN at project meetings as well as external events as needed.
- Assist with logistics related to planning the monthly Steering Committee meetings. Provide reports to SC as requested.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience with patient advocacy and/or experience working with patient advocates.
- Good attention to detail.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in all communication platforms for business or advocacy work including social media, website, email.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite or similar including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Team-oriented, problem-solver, collaborative, highly ethical.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject: “Application: Administrative & Program Manager” including:
- A one-page letter of interest in English
- An up-to-date CV in English