Save the Date November 29, 2020!
|We are reaching out with some The MPN Advocates Network steering committee is excited to share with you a few new opportunities to engage in a stronger way with the Global Network of MPN patient advocacy organizations.
- First, we want you to save the date of November 29th, 2020 for the first of two MPN Horizons sessions. Due to the pandemic, we are making these virtual events, and somewhat more abbreviated than in years past. Nevertheless, we feel it is very important to connect you with information that you will find useful as you do your important work.
- Second, for the first time ever, MPNAN is asking you, the members, to nominate and vote on who you want to serve on the Steering Committee for MPNAN. We have up to 3 open seats available.
As a reminder, the mission of MPNAN is to enhance the ability of patient advocacy organizations to improve patient care and quality of life globally for those who have been diagnosed with a myeloproliferative neoplasm. This includes polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia, myelofibrosis, or other rare MPNs.
The activities of MPNAN are overseen by a Steering Committee. The Steering Committee is comprised of representatives from organizations from around the world, all serving people living with an MPN. The MPNAN is on an evolutionary path and is now seeking to call on its member organizations to nominate who they would like to serve on the Steering Committee and to vote for these representatives.
A strategic goal of MPNAN is to drive membership in countries outside of Europe and North America, which are already well-represented on the Steering Committee and among the member organizations. Therefore, preference will be given to nominations from countries representing We are committed to electing at least two of these three positions from Asia, Africa, South America, and Central America.
To qualify to serve on the Steering Committee, a person must:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the MPN community
- Be working in some capacity as an advocate
- Agree to adhere to the code of conduct for committee members (found here)
- Agree to follow the laws of the MPN Advocates Network operated under Le Paf (a copy may be furnished to interested parties)
- Agree to represent the values and mission of the MPN AN on a volunteer basis
- Agree to join at least one subcommittee to focus on the execution of a specific project within the MPNAN
Applications are due November 25th, 2020.
Interested individuals should submit their CV and a statement of interest to the MPN Advocates Chair Michelle Woehrle at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be compiled and shared with the Member community. The candidates will also have the chance to address the community at the Nov. 29th Horizons meeting.
Voting will take place electronically after Nov. 29th. We will be seeking 1-2 new members from an Asian country, South or Central America, or Africa as part of the up to 3 new Steering Committee members we are recruiting.
Please stay tuned for more information and a registration link for Horizons and also be sure to apply to be part of the governing body of MPNAN!