At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, focusing on support for those who have urgent needs can be so rewarding. You as patient advocates are dealing with uncertainty in your own lives and home countries, but you are still rising to the occasion of being there for people living with a Myeloproliferative Neoplasm.
This has been a year of transformation for MPN Advocates Network in which we considered what we can offer to you, the members, and how we can be most effective especially when we could not travel to hold our principal event; MPN Horizons. It is our pleasure to hold a virtual session over 2 days in November 2020 and January 2021.
Session One takes place Sunday November 29th 2020 at 14:00 CET (Central European Time). Not only will you hear from thought leaders in MPN science Ruben Mesa, Steffan Koschmieder and Alessandro Maria Vannucchi, but you will hear from fellow advocates who will share how they have weathered the storm of the pandemic and also how they managed access issues in their home countries. And for the first time, you will have a chance to hear from nominees for the Steering Committee of MPNAN.
Our conference will provide you with knowledge on how to make a difference in the lives of patients, identify opportunities in patient support & advocacy, and learn from the experts – both patient advocates and physicians. We may not be able to network as we have in the past but we encourage you to use the Private MPNAN Facebook group for members only, as well as the digital Who’s Who book to connect with members throughout the year.
We very much hope that you will be able to participate in the virtual conference!
MPN Horizons is organized by MPN Advocates Network and CME Congress.
Contacts for support or questions:
- Michelle Woehrle: email@example.com
- Natasa Hace: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moran Roth (CME Congresses): email@example.com
MPN Mini Horizons 2020
DAY 1: 29 November 2020
Starting at 14:00 time zone of Central European Time (CET)
- Welcome & MPNAN Update
Speakers: Michelle Woehrle & Jon Mathias
Medical session #1: Today and Tomorrow in MPN Therapy
Chairs: Jon Mathias and Cheryl Petruk
- Current clinical trial landscape for PV, ET and MF – Dr. Ruben Mesa, UT San Antonio, USA
- Progression in MPN from ET/PV to MF: What We Know Today – Prof. Steffen Koschmieder, RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Guidelines for treating MPNs in 2020-2021 (including Fertility and pregnancy) – Prof. Alessandro Maria Vannucchi, University of Florence, Italy
Q & A
Advocacy Session #1: Best Practices – Surviving and Thriving as a Patient Advocacy Organization during a pandemic and access issues
Chairs: Felice Bombaci and Giora Sharf
- Abstract 1: “Communication with Patients Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow”- Werner Zinkand, MPN Netzwerk, Germany
- Abstract 2: “Overcoming the challenges of Covid 19 Reality” – Giora Sharf, Flute of Light, Israel
- Abstract 3: “The CML Atlas – The Project of Eastern European region” – Jana Pelouchova, Diagnóza leukemie, Czech Republic
- Abstract 4: “LLS Pandemic Program and Service Offerings” – Amy Lane, The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, USA
- Abstract 5: “Day by Day Adherence Program- Support and Orientation project for MPN patients”- Lyat Granati Espinoza, The Max Foundation, Chile
Q & A
- Presentations of nominees for the Steering Committee – Mirjana Babamova
- Save the date for the next session and how to vote for Steering Commitee nominees- Werner Zinkand
|Prof. Steffen Koschmieder|
|Dr. Ruben Mesa|
|Prof. Alessandro M. Vannucchi|
Who is Who
Thank you to the sponsors of MPN AN!